KCD Farm Plans
An interactive web map marking KCD Farm Plan address locations.
- Farm Plan street addresses are geocoded to points with latitude and longitude data added to the attribute table.
- The table is converted to JSON; used as input to markers on the map.
Leaflet APIs used:
- Map with center, minZoom, and zoom (creates map)
- TileLayer with attribution (lower right note) and subdomains (of the tile service)
- Icon with iconUrl, iconRetinaUrl, iconSize, iconAnchor, and popupAnchor (clickable point symbol)
- Marker uses JSON to create a table of data for the markers (first name, url, lat, lon)
- layerGroup creates a layer group that can be used in the Control API
- Control creates a layer control on the map
Clicking on a marker displays the Last Name on the farm plan. The name is a hyperlink that is currently pointing to a test page on the Atlas site.